View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 06:00 AM   #95
Peevy
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARP View Post
I cant think of just one soft synth that's anywhere near as versatile as the Micron, trust me to miss the point entirely though...

I have Reaktor, and Reason, between those two applications they have everything more or less covered, they get used on virtually every session, highly recommended, from really way-out-west, to bog standard meat-and-potatoes.
No harm done, all suggestions welcome...I suppose its partly my fault, I didn't specify SoftSynth in the title. But you did miss one other thing:

Inexpensive Synth All-rounder ?

Reaktor = £342

Inexpensive: –adjective
not expensive; not high in price; costing little.

HAHAHA!!

I suppose that's subjective really, depending on your budget. Mines about £150, I might stretch to £180 for Alchemy though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
You're right. In my opinion ACE is the best sounding synth I've heard so far. It's overwhelming but sound quality is beyond.
OK No excuses now. A demo of Ace came with the latest copy of Computer Music. I'm gonna install it now & give it a whirl.