View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 03:08 PM   #56
skippertag
Human being with feelings

Hey Geraint,

I just took a look at your Midi harmony plugin...quite new, isn't it? :-) Interesting...sometimes..these coincidences.

I think currently your harmonizer is not exactly what I need... when I switch the output to note...I get only one note...switched to chord it makes the chord bigger,...more notes.. that is a great feature by itself but I think not for my purposes.

Your choice of a range around a centered note is another cool feature, but not for my transposing needs... I find it quite difficult to find the right middle note esp. as there is no given text output about where I am. For my needs I need an exact (instrument) range, but when you can implement that it's a totally different story.

Have you got the link the the JSFX with the Database of most natural instruments with these regards? It's called "Shows the range of an instrument...." It might come with REAPER natively, not sure though.

Another option I've got by Ashcat in this thread:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....98#post1952298

He's got a JS named Midi Transpose octave squisher. This ones comes very very close to my current needs, although not exactly yet...have to tweak that one also a bit..

For the meantime I'm very happy that we are all very close to have such a real timesaver for all the midi karaoke users out there....

I'm no scripter...but maybe you guys who know how to do it, might contact Yamaha when you've got it and sell your code to the Yamaha guys who create the Tyros Arranger Keyboards....because....although that beast costs around 5 grands it is still not possible to transpose midi tracks where the tracks get transposed with regards to their inherent instrument's range..(beside Drum and Percussion...that they have solved :-) It's always fiddling with the internal software to check and transpose each track separately within the Song Creator... vEEEERY Time consuming as you can guess..

So here ya go.... this code is gonna be a time saver for very many keyboard playing singers all over the world who wanna keep the great sound of the tracks even after transpose...
skippertag is offline   Reply With Quote