View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 04:53 AM   #355
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
The links (that I of course do know) don't answer questions about CSurf such as "Does CSurf provide a scripting language ? Which one ?"

Maybe I used misleading wording. I did not ask how CSurf is one, but how CSurf is to be used. I.e. what kind of configuration it needs to be provided to CSurf to make it handle a specific controller board in a specific way. I do know that with OSCII-Bot (or a BeyondPython attached Python program) this would be a script in the appropriate language (EEL / Python), but I have no knowledge about CSurf (and could not quickly find something answering that question).

-Michael
CSurf, by which you mean the Reaper SDK suite, exposes an extremely rich and diverse Reaper API in a way that let's a C++ programmer interact with Reaper at an almost "development team member" level -- many many thanks to Justin et al !!

As far as handling a specific controller board in a specific way, that's exactly what the Control Surface Integrator project is all about.

A MESSAGE can be MIDI/OSC/WEB/etc. (here's a typical MIDI MESSAGE -- 0x90 0x08 0x7f).

It's all about attaching that MESSAGE to a specific NAME of your choosing.

The NAME can then be MAPPED to an ACTION, let's say a runScript action, which, in this case, you've loaded with 4 script filenames.

When the MESSAGE is received it RUNS the runScript ACTION, which in this case runs 4 scripts sequentially, an EEL script, 2 Python scripts, and finally a Lua script.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote