View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 06:02 AM   #318
fundorin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azslow3 View Post
But from general project perspective, that is a drop of water into the ocean (and has side effects for knobs and sliders, so works well for buttons and encoders only).
Reaper has 50 125 actions for now. The number of SWS actions is close to it. So, ~100 000 action in total.

I've made a mode in my controller that exceeds this number greatly.
You know, 8 different types of 8 controls available. Plus 2 buttons to switch pages. Another 2 buttons to switch banks. Also 7 shift button, that could be used in combo with controls and with each other. I've set number of pages and banks to 16. This gives:

Number of available controls: 64
Combination of 8 shifts (7 shift buttons plus no shift at all). 2 to the power of 8: 256
That gives 16 384 controls at one page.
Number of pages (can be changed by liking): 16
That gives 262 144 controls at 16 pages.
There are 16 banks of pages.
That gives 4 194 304 unique controls.

I agree that pressing 7 different shift buttons at the time, while turning the pot should be considered as nonsense, as well navigating from bank 1 to bank 16, but it's possible to cover each available Reaper action with external controls.
Of cause, this is possible, using OSC. But, if you'll look at this thread's name, you'll see "includes OSC".

Speaking of FX parameters, Reaper banks them, according to this settings:

DEVICE_FX_COUNT 8
DEVICE_FX_PARAM_COUNT 16
DEVICE_FX_INST_PARAM_COUNT 16

DEVICE_FX_COUNT i/device/fx/count
DEVICE_FX_PARAM_COUNT i/device/fxparam/count
DEVICE_FX_INST_PARAM_COUNT i/device/fxinstparam/count

So, one can change those numbers to better suit his physical device.
Just like you switch between individual tracks with faderport, you also switch between FX instances on selected track and FX params for selected FX.

Using plugin maps one can sort fx params, so that most useful one would always be on the first page.

Some developers already sorted them by default, while others present them alphabetically/by appearance in GUI/by numbers and without proper names.

So, as I said before, there should be custom plugin maps on reaper stash, so that we could exchange our custom maps with each other.

If each user will create maps for at least one developer plugins bundle, we will soon get convenient way to control our plugins, using a small amount of controls.

Maps could be hosted via Gdrive folder with a couple of people having access to modify it's contents.
Them, later, it might be possible to get ReaPack analog, but for maps instead of scripts.
fundorin is offline   Reply With Quote