View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 04:44 PM   #50
Henry Olonga
Human being with feelings

Hi guys,
I have been so lucky to be supported by a great community here and with the nebula community. And I am always willing to give a little back . So this is my way of saying thanks to all who support me.

A lot of you may know that I am into experimenting and especially with high resolution. It does mean a lot of hard work as everything is just harder to do right. But when it's done right it can be interesting, at least to me anyway.

Soooooooo... I asked the question - why does it seem so hard to recreate a room that actually sounds pretty classic, characterful and yet kind of true as well? Maybe even a hint of 70s.

This got my creative juices flowing. In any case, for the last few months I have been travelling around the UK with my work and also on many occasions I have taken my high resolution recording rig. I found one really nice and mildly reflective room and recorded it. I am now releasing the results slowly over the next few weeks.

I am starting a series that I hope will see at least a new room on a regular basis released here so perhaps check in here every so often.

The first release is an impulse response pack of a psuedo binaural music hall. I was going for colour here. I have called it .......

Virtual drum Overheads - Classic Lustraphonic Rooms.

Basically drum overheads recorded to give the depth of a beautiful performance hall I visited in Shrewsbury around about Christmas.

These were recorded at DXD rates and then downsampled to 192 khz. I then sent them through a Helios 69 with lustraphone transformers and what we get is a nice warm clear room. Great for drums, Cello, acoustic guitar, piano etc. basically anything that you want to warm up and get a little of that Helios sound. I did four settings and they are here at all sample rates.

http://www.nebulapresets.com/Henry_O...s_Binaural.zip

Won't work on everything but kind of fun

This will end up being a bundle with ORTF and Spaced added. Would of course appreciate any support you can give me. I will never the less continue to find opportunities to give the little guy a chance.

Enjoy and give me some feedback if you can.

Best
Henry