View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 03:26 AM   #25
Maddaber
Human being with feelings

Default Condenser microphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by partonkevin View Post
All the "noise" that you're picking up may be unavoidable. Condenser mics are just really sensitive. It's not mic generated noise, it's just your environment. Years ago when I first got a condenser I was a bit frustrated by this same thing. I was trying to track a vocalist and I kept picking up too much breathing sounds. I tried to get him to get a little further form the mic, but it didn't work. Finally he held his breath. I was hearing MY breathing from several feet away! And to top it off, I could hear the dogs downstairs as they slept!

All is not lost. Try setting up your mic with a few pillows around it. If you can keep sound from entering from directions that you don't want you'll be ahead of the game.
I get what your saying fully man and you may be right but even if that is the case i still want to get the option to have the settings on my pc because its just making me mad that i cant have them even if they dont help i will be happy just to have them as an option

AND BIG NOOB MOVE OF ME i was sitting there calling it a 1/4 in jack i am so dumb the whole time i was mistakenly mixing up a 3.5 mil jack for the 1/4 I meant the standard 3.5 this whole time witch is the standard jack for pc's

But again my big thing is i want to be able to get my custom tab to be full of enhancments and be able to adjust them to see if its possible to fix some of the problems i already have the mic set up where it is seemenly good with some foam around it a pop filter and my new pc is quite i have the best realtek drivers i could find it is just the pnp usb part of it. I have a xlr to usb and i am thinking i need it to go from my power to my mic jack on my pc. The mic does not pick up my breathing of all things i dont think but recently i had a recording of a phone call i made on my pc and i could hear in quality people talking in the other room. I think this could be fixed if i had access to the boost gauge and the dc offset along with noise reduction but i would have to fiddle with them all to figure out what this mic likes.
Maddaber is offline   Reply With Quote