View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 11:30 PM   #5
dumtratt
Human being with feelings

I've looked into Ultraschall and it's a great extension or whatever you want to call it, very nice. BUT! It still doesn't really solve the issue I'm looking to solve. The Soundboard VST that came with Ultraschall does its job, but not entirely for this application, unfortunately.

I'm leaning towards trying to script something for myself, but not very good in that department yet. Okay so my needs are:

- A playlist function - this is obviously key.

- Manual activation of each clip, so no automatic playing (unless operator says so)

- Two or more playlist items should be able to play at once, on different channels. So let's say I'm playing a song, and on a specific time, a jingle needs to play and it needs to blend in nicely with the song (hence the crossfading or different channels need). Clip 1 plays on channel 1, clip 2 plays on channel 2, or vice versa.

- Activation of clips should be mapped to ONE button per CHANNEL, not per clip. All the other solutions I've tried within Reaper has either allowed me to activate the clip via playing the timeline, or playing a specific clip on a specific button. I need to able to play the next clip in the playlist on the channel I've chosen. So let's say I have three channels called "Player", and ideally when I lift the fader of that channel, it plays the next clip in the playlist on that channel. This can sort of be done in the timeline, through very careful programming using Marker Actions and custom Actions, but it's tedious and timeline specific. Ideally, I should be able to import a playlist, like a simple m3u, into this Player thing and no extra programming is required for that specific playlist.

- Fader starts! Sorry, english is not my mother language so I might get this translation wrong, but I think it's called fader start or start on fader. So basically when I lift the fader of a channel, a command to play is activated. Right now I'm using an X-Touch as my controller, and I'm suspecting it's not natively sending a command when I'm lifting the fader, but I'm thinking you could probably script within Reaper that when the chosen channel's volume is greater than -infinite, the next item in the playlist plays...

Hope anyone finds the time to point me in the right directions .. I'm not hoping anyone else will program this for me, or that it's integrated into a release of Reaper. I just feel like it COULD be done, and once I smell blood...
dumtratt is offline   Reply With Quote