View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 06:31 PM   #15
Klangfarben
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
Consider the way Pause works in Reaper, and the way Stop works elsewhere. Now consider that loop state is a function of the play button. Now consider that Record must be beside play, since in Reaper they work in tandem. Now consider that all of this has been thoroughly discussed, in depth and at length, with lots of people. That's the discussion you're so casually dismissing, and that's the kind of thing that only happens on the internet. We need to get past that if we're going to make this work.
I appreciate the response and thank you for taking the time to do that. I understand what you are saying. I really do. My issue is that you are not giving us the use case. We're smart people. We want to help. When someone poses a question like this, just give us the use case. People might disagree but at least we are having a discussion at that point instead of making one-sided arguments which yes, happens way too much on the internet.

Yes, I understand there are reasons Record needs to be next to play. Not disagreeing with that AT ALL. What people are wondering is why it needs to be to the LEFT of the play button. If you could give a use case for that, it would go a long way. It's like getting a cancer diagnosis from your doctor. You may not be happy about it but it's really important information to have so you can find a solution to keep from dying...
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote