View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 12:10 PM   #113
karbomusic
Human being with feelings

Save me the digging since I've moved on to other things for the day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
It's amazing what you can find by typing "auto crossfade" into the Action List... :P
Yes, found it, that works thanks! Is there one to stop it from dropping to a new lane when splitting? It treats that as if they overlapped when they don't or I overlooked something. An action allows moving it back but it should stay for this ask.

Quote:
This is roughly how item lanes behave if you set the item mix behavior to "Replace" in Project Settings -> Advanced. It ends up being a pain in this case though because you have to manage item grouping yourself, have multiple tracks that need to stay synced gets even worse, etc.
So far, I think it should be as described, if we turn it into multiple steps then I don't think we make any progress here for those in need. I tried to do a quick test but I don't think the above is what we're asking.

IOW, as I split and move takes post record, the purple parts below are what play audio, any take above another take isn't heard, unless you expose it via split, move etc... Just pretend there is an imaginary play head pointing up from the bottom of the track. That's how video 'tracks' work, here we want the same with take items when in separate lanes - it relieves what makes this unusable for this purpose as is, all the manual muting and splitting just to hear what you want etc.:

Last edited by karbomusic; 09-07-2018 at 12:29 PM.
karbomusic is offline   Reply With Quote