View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 07:28 AM   #3
PoopScoop
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupeT View Post
In fact the panels will work even better, when they are spaced a bit and not directly on the wall. Better here means: absorb somewhat lower frequencies.

I had a similar situation, asymetric, with the right side having a wall, the left side open (to the rest of the room). With a mixture of absorption up to 4 inch thick - in front of the wall, spaced by 1/2 inch - I was able to completely solve it.
Yeah, I'm aware that you shouldn't mount the panels directly onto the walls in order to get maximun absorption. But the question in my situation is, how do the soundwaves behave after being absorbed/gone trought these panels that I'm thinkin about hangin from the roof (both hangin at an equal, symmetric distance from each monitor) when theres a wall and a window about 2 meters behind the right side panel and an open room behind the left side panel.
Of course in an ideal situation, there would be walls at both right and left hand sides, both an equal distance away from the mixers chair and both treated with identical absorption. However because this isn't the case I'm wondering if I can compensate the asymmetry of the walls with hanging the panels symmetrically.
Did u just place a panel to the right hand side a half inch of the wall, and just left the left hand side completely open and had good results? How far away from u was the right side wall?
PoopScoop is offline   Reply With Quote