Thread: SSDs for DAWs
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 12:19 PM   #14
fred garvin
Human being with feelings

@Coachz: Yah, I'm really looking forward to 16 GB RAM. Had 8 and although it was within the rec of the software I want to run (Soundtank 3) it was indeed no bueno. Never heard of 12, how does that work? You have 3 slots?

That drive station looks pretty sweet for $30.

@serr: Yah, you're full SSD, right, and obviously you take this stuff seriously. I had heard about the SSD/HDD thing some time ago, like when 128 GB units went for hundreds lol. It makes sense SSDs would have improved. But I thought I should ask. That being said, I think I am going to do the SSD/HDD at least to get things up and running, evaluate from there. M2s are actually crazy cheap it seems, unless I'm missing something, have the wrong one or whatever. Like here's a 500GB Crucial for $66:
https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-500GB...search&sr=8-22
But I'ma wait and get the machine and physically and visually confirm what I need. Like I see there's two incompatible formats, 1 notch and 2. Don't wanna ass-ume anything lol.

@reason: Oh, so there are different levels. I'm starting to feel more confident about that though, even this cheap one has a 5 year warranty, and I see in the comments someone asking about write issues to which they reply that you can write 200 TB to it which is >100 GB every day for 5 years. According to them. Which I realize a heavy user could exceed but I think it'd work for me.

Thanks guys! Good good stuff.
fred garvin is offline   Reply With Quote