View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 11:15 PM   #2421
40Hurts
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
Hi 40, try this:

download CSI. unpack and place the CSI folder into the main reaper folder (use the action "show resource path")

place the csi.dll file (I forget what it's called exactly) into the PLUGIN folder in that same resource path.

make sure your mixer/controller is DISABLED in Preferences > midi devices.

go to Preferences > osc/control. Select CONTROL SURFACE INTEGRATOR

remove the Red/Green/etc pages and surfaces in the boxes below.

ADD new page, name it and set to follow MCP and check coloring if desired. I would turn off midi monitoring for now.

Go to Surfaces, Add. Name it.

Select appropriate midi IN and OUT for your surface. MAKE SURE you have disabled them in Pref > midi or it won't show up here.

I don't know what controller you have, I'll assume you have something similar to an MCU. If so, you can add the MCU RST and AXT files for the TEMPLATES section. Set bank to 8.

This should get one surface working with basic controls for all channels plus most of the MCU like action buttons. Hope I didn't miss anything...

Try that and report back
Ok, I did all of that. Lots of weirdness.

The Good: Scribble strips now display pan/fader values, whereas previously it was only track name. Also, pressing the pan encoder switches to Width, but display continues to show Pan value.

The Bad: All of the following seem to do nothing - Flip, Zoom/Nav, Jog/Scrub, Encoder Assign, Global View, and Function buttons. Marker doesn't drop a marker, instead advances to next marker. Nudge cycles the play cursor through markers/time selection points/end. The timecode/beat counter isn't syncing.

The Ugly: Automation buttons function, but are all lit up, all the time, as are the Marker and Nudge buttons. The fader banking is also screwy, basically it goes too far. Paging through banks to the left, when it gets to the first track, push bank left again and track #1 shows up on surface channel #8. Also, sometimes a track will get stuck in a fader, ie. track #15 is still on fader #7 when switching banks to 1-8. Wacky.

Surface in question is a Behringer X-Touch "Universal". It *should* be incredibly similar to a Mackie MCU.
40Hurts is offline   Reply With Quote