View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 02:31 PM   #8
Robert Johnson III
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyp24 View Post
Robert, you may well hate the "Reaper runs fine on my system" remarks.... but if someone is running what appears to be the same system without the problems you describe, then it may help to narrow down where the problem is.

For instance, as I posted in the other thread you've started on the same topic, I have a very similar vintage of iMac, also 5k screen, and also recently updated to Sierra. I don't see the laggy response you do, and find Reaper perfectly workable on it.

I don't say this to annoy you. I say it to try and help you pin down what is DIFFERENT on your setup and causing the problem, since it appears not to be universal to iMacs, or 5k retina displays, or OS Sierra. If you would like me to give more details of the exact config of my system, please say and I'll try to oblige.
Hi Andy, If you drag the Marquee tool on the bottom half of a wave file that is zoomed-in to make a selection, you don’t have any problems with a choppy GUI? Or if you resize the Reaper window, scroll a wave file…? Not an arrangement with one wave file but a reasonable real world scenario.

Thanks for trying to help.

I understand you are not saying "it works on my system" to annoy me but presumed there are not that much variables between similar iMac systems (hard and software). It could be perception by comparison or using Reaper in a different way?

Here are some system specs….

Model Identifier: iMac17,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 3,2 GHz
Memory: 24 GB
Boot ROM Version: IM171.0105.B15
Chipset Model: AMD Radeon R9 M390
VRAM (Total): 2048 MB
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.799
Metal: Supported
Display Type: Retina LCD
Resolution: 5120 x 2880 Retina
Retina: Yes
Pixel Depth: 30-Bit Color (ARGB2101010)
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2017-01-28 at 23.35.14.png (40.0 KB, 587 views)

https://soundcloud.com/mytopia

Last edited by Robert Johnson III; 01-28-2017 at 03:37 PM.
Robert Johnson III is offline   Reply With Quote