View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 12:36 PM   #205
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundorin View Post
So, if I have, for example, two controllers connected, both communicating with pc via channel1, how the plugin would distinguish, which controller should display which data?

Two controllers. 8 faders and 2 buttons in each. Faders on both used to control track volume in mixer. Buttons are for track bank switching.
Suppose, first controller is set to control tracks 1-8 volume with bank buttons.
Second is set to control tracks 9-16.
We move track 1 volume in reaper. What would happen? Which of the controllers would receive the feedback from Reaper?

Next, we select faders 1-8 with bank buttons of the second controller, so both controllers are set the same. We move track1 volume in reaper again. What would happen now?

My questions might be irrelevant, though, since it may be that at this state plugin is only allowing faders 1-8 to be set for the first controller, 9-16 for the second one and so one.
Anyway, since it seems that plugin is now set to work with MCU compatible hardware, I'll wait till the next release with my SL MkII.
Yeah, it's a very early pre alpha, some folks wanted a sneak peek, so it's up there, more for discussion purposes than anything.

As for banking nofish has it right.

When you say 2 controllers on channel 1, not sure what you mean, each controller would be on a seperate midi channel.

As far as how they layout, it's simple as shown in nofish's post.

Here's a sample file:
Mix1 8 1 1
Mix2 8 2 2
Control 4 3 3

The first number after the name is the number of faders, then midi in channel, then midi out channel.

So you see we have a logical surface of 20 channels -- 8 + 8 + 4

CSI will lay out the tracks on this surface as they are listed in the file.

So of you wanted the hardware with 4 faders to show the first 4 channels, you simply change the order:
Control 4 3 3
Mix1 8 1 1
Mix2 8 2 2

Simple as that !

Now as far as banking, the map will allow you to put in your bank page amount, 20 might work here as that's the size of the logical surface, but you can set it to anytihing you like, once maps are implemented, of course
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote