View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 08:22 AM   #49
AdamWathan
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Also, wherever "enabled" appeared, I renamed that action to "Toggle <action name>" instead of "<action name> enabled". Why? Because almost all of those actions display a checkmark when they are turned on, which means they are enabled, and display nothing when it's turned off. This is inconsistent with your wording, since in your case, when the action is turned off, the name in the menu should change to "<action name> disabled", and it doesnt. "Toggle" works much better here.
I don't think it should display the word "Toggle" or "enabled"... Just the name of the command is fine.

Look at Options>Editing Mode. You have three option there that just have the name of the option, no need for toggle or enabled. The checkmark implies it is enabled and no checkmark implies it is disabled. Using the word toggle is actually quite deceiving because it almost implies that the ability to toggle the preference is enabled when the checkmark is shown, not that the actual preference itself is enabled.

Check these in the MIDI editor as well, no use of Toggle or Enabled and it all seems logical and straightforward so I recommend just trashing the use of both terms.

AdamWathan is offline   Reply With Quote