View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 07:14 PM   #31
karl
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
Personally, my main reason for wanting folders was for editing mostly. Dropping 24 tracks inside a folder and editing the folder track, which subsequently edits the contents, is something that Reaper's parent tracks doesn't currently allow...
Now THAT is an idea I would fully support! A feature along these lines and/or Reason's block editing is the one thing I would want above all others! (I do a lot of remixing, and would be great for re-structuring)

I started a feature request a bit back where my idea was to be able to have an item on the Master Track which could be edited like a normal item: main outcome of that was the suggestion to group all items with an empty 'control' item (can be on a folder track if you like) then edit/duplicate as necessary. Seemed to do the trick when I tried it out, but once I started putting it to real-project use it proved to be unreliable. Maybe I'll revive the feature request...

It's one of the few features I 'imagined' up for myself that I thought would be useful, before I was ever aware of it existing anywhere else (and well before Reason introduced block editing!)
karl is offline   Reply With Quote