View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 08:01 AM   #10
Munchmastr
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiterred View Post
Yep manual was how i got things working... it's all fairly straight forward, plug it in, load it up and away you go.

As mentioned the folder mode and anchor tracks I can't get, but as this was developed for the mackie i don't know that it will ever work.

General stuff all seems to work, and edit plugins works quite well for a lot of things too. It's not perfect by any means, but it's a pretty big time saver for me so far.
Were you able to get the plugin mapping editor to save and reload when you open up a new instance? Mine doesn't seem to recognize/load the "factory" plugin map and creates a fresh map each time. Would be nice if there was a "load" function in the plugin editor so you can load different plugin maps really quickly. Maybe I missed it, but I don't see it.

Maybe the software is trying to look in the My Documents folder? Windows 10 changed the folder to "Documents" so I don't know if there is a conflict there. Tried a few different spots for the maps. It does recognize the user made maps, but not as a factory default map.

Also, the changes I make in the track settings editor to show/hide tracks don't seem to be reflected on the actual Faderport.

Interested to hear if you were able to make these functions work on your machine. I just picked up a Faderport 8 to try it out and see how the functionality would be with Reaper. But I'm leaning toward returning it if I can make it work how I want it to.

Cheers!
Scott

**EDIT**
I noticed if I press the left ALT key on my keyboard in pan mode it displays the main options on the scribble pads. The issue is, I can't figure out how to change the options. I've pressed all the buttons with/without shift, the faders, etc.

Last edited by Munchmastr; 07-15-2017 at 09:32 AM.
Munchmastr is offline   Reply With Quote