View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 04:33 PM   #80
musicbynumbers
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehmethan View Post
I don't get the usage and benefits of using spectral peaks at the moment. I don't understand how can this colored peaks improve my way of working at the moment,too. But anyway I always trust reaper developers and of course they now what they are doing better than me. Maybe I'll get it in the future. But now I know that reaper can analyze pitch data of an audio internally and this makes me think that we are one step closer to pitch editing of audio like variaudio and melodyne😀😀
Try loading up a big mix with lots of instruments/drums etc.

I find even the basic setting gives me a better overview of what is what (once you get use to the colours which doesn't take too long)

If you then go to "view" menu and "peak settings" you can right click the spectral view and set it to octaves and even tweak the settings there to show up things like sibilance really easily or pitch or kicks. snares and hi hats.

Very powerful and much lower cpu cost than spectral (from what I can tell so far)