View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 01:46 PM   #405
AlbertoZ
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxmidi View Post
More news on Native Access.

Native Access crashes at around 33% through an install.

I installed a Reaktor demo using Native Access and it stops around 33%.

What is happening is that it's stopping after the download (download uses aria2c.exe) and it actually downloads the file ok in ~/.wine/drive_c/users/user/Downloads but the file is an iso file and it can't mount in Linux (different to real windows) so the install stops at 33%.

If the downloaded iso file is manually mounted in Linux and installed then when Native Access is run again it will say that it's installed.

sudo mkdir -p /mnt/diskiso

sudo mount -o loop ~/.wine/drive_c/users/user/Downloads/isoname.iso /mnt/diskiso

If whatever iso mounter that Native Access is using can be installed using wine then everything would be ok (edit: Native Access seems to have it's own iso driver/mounter that is not working in wine for whatever reasons), otherwise it can be done manually as above.

So as far as I can tell by trying demo installs, Waves Central and Native Access both work (barring individual system problems or whatever).

There is also this workaround used by some Windows users

There's a workaround now that you can pause downloads. I can only speak from Windows perspective. Start your download and pause it. Now go to C: drive and show hidden files, you will see a hidden folder with "ni" in its name. Inside it you will find a "metalink" file, open it in Notepad. At the end of it is the download link, which you copy and paste in your browser. Cancel download from NA, close NA, download via browser, mount ISO, install.
Hello, I tried the above by installing Reaktor 6 and it works like a charm on my Linux Mint 18.3, wine 3.7. First of all thanks for this, I was losing hope of getting Reaktor again on my box... Second, the issue: when I try to install the other isos (for example Reaktor_Blocks.iso, Reaktor_Factory_Library.iso) with the same trick (mounting on /mnt/diskiso and launching the installer from there) it starts the installation process but when the real installation starts you get the message: "Disk Not Found" Please Insert Rektor Blocks disk, see the attached image. In winecfg I tried to mount D:, E:, F:, G:, H: to /mnt/diskiso, but this doesn't seem to work as well. The last error I got from the wine window is:
0036:fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 9c040 (device=9 access=3 func=10 method=0)
0036:fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 9c040 (device=9 access=3 func=10 method=0)
Any suggestion? Thanks again for the great work you're doing here.

Alberto
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reaktor_blobks_fail_install.jpg (55.0 KB, 823 views)