View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 03:34 AM   #6217
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
This brings up a good point that maybe warrants some discussion since Goeff's looking at more intuitive behavior...

If I'm using FocusedFX, I'm going from the Home zone to the FocusedFX zone, when I close those FocusedFX...why can't it just automatically go back to Home if there are no currently FocusedFX? To me, that's what Home means: "when not somewhere else, you're home." I think this would be WAY more intuitive. FocusedFX on = FocusedFX, FocusedFX off = Home. Is there a reason this is impossible or a use-case I'm not thinking about that this would break? It's not a big deal, but if I close the FX window and don't remember to go back to Home, I can get confused why all of a sudden some widgets aren't working.

Right now, like MixMonkey says, I have a GoZone Home button designated, but I almost feel like that should only be necessary if I temporarily want to leave the FocusedFX zone while the FX are still in focus.

From what I recall, Studio One has two modes: Focus mode (when plugins are in Focus) or Global mode, where you can similarly assign the same controls to both. I believe it just toggles between them based on "is plugin in focus - if yes, focus mode, if not, global mode." Would be nice to get that same kind of intuitive behavior in CSI.

Just my two cents.
Boy, would I love to do that !!

I'll see your 2c and raise you 2

We're going to tackle this again in the beta, and correct me where I'm wrong those who went through this saga --

Quote:
...why can't it just automatically go back to Home if there are no currently FocusedFX?
It does.

Here's what I recall we ran into, quite possible I was missing something, that's why we're going to take another shot in beta.

If you focus an FX all is well.

If you focus another FX all is well.

You can do this forever and things are fine.

But when you unfocus the FX by clicking on something else or closing the Window, nothing happens.

That's because the FX doesn't actually un-focus -- the call to GetFocusedFX returns the last focused FX, we never get notification of a lost focus.

Is that what you see ?

Once again, back then we were really flying along flat out R&D style, blasting out candidate methods/features, I could easily be missing some other way I can implement this that works.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote