View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 06:51 PM   #19
karbomusic
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbk View Post
Ok, I'm sorry, but I'm obviously quite dense.

You say to Download Faderport XT Release.zip (https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=170036). That link takes me to another page headed by Nimaj's 12-15-2015 post where he posts this link: https://stash.reaper.fm/26189/Faderp...%20Release.zip . This is the download I've been using. In that download there are 2 files, Build and MACOS. I go to build folder and there are 7 files:

.DS_Store
README
reaper_csurf_fpxt.dylib
reaper_csurf_fpxt
reaper_csurf_fpxt32.dll
reaper_csurf_fpxt32.dylib
reaper_csurf_fpxt64.dll

I don't see a .ini file in there (or am I reading them incorrectly). Where is this "original" full FaderPort XT distro? Is there a different link besides Nimaj's post (on the page that you linked to) that I should have clicked to get to this "original" folder that has the ini file?
Is it the "This is karbomusic's original thread on the topic" link?
I do definitely see Amagalma's .dll file.

Sorry, but with so many link possibilities on every page it gets quite confusing.
thanks, bill
The second one in that list above is the .ini file (try dragging it into Notepad). I'm not sure why your system doesn't show ".ini" it unless it is just hiding the extension. Assuming Windows and 64 bit reaper you only need that .ini file and reaper_csurf_fpxt64.dll

I was a little afraid the various spin-offs of the code might create confusion. The one by the_nimaj is the "official" unofficial eXTended version that I handed off to him (if there is such a thing). The one in this thread is fine but since it is a fork in the code, I don't know much about and they may have assumed prior knowledge and omitted the INI from this thread (I think amagalma just added a couple things for personal use then shared that out for anyone interested). That being said the INI file format is the same, the same one should work for all versions for the most part.