View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 07:19 AM   #14
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightscope View Post
Yes.
Excellent. And are you getting the 'settings not saving' problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykrobinson View Post
I changed my theme to Default 5 and worked for a bit. Then i started playing with rebuilding some track templates, being very careful to not import ANYTHING to make sure that I was not breaking things. On a whim, I changed back to Default 6 theme in a clean project while working on the track templates, and i noticed that the theme suddenly looked right... I then checked the timestamp on the .ini file and saw that the timestamp had changed.

I loaded an older project (the one i first started working with) and it now appeared correct as well.

Not sure what the catalyst is for this, but I am very curious for others to test switching to Default 5 for the theme, then back to Default 6, and see if it suddenly starts working for them as well. And if it does, the million dollar question is "why does this work," or was it just coincidence
Well, this sounds like a fix that has worked for others so that's great, but I join you in the general air of 'WTF?'

Quote:
Originally Posted by d. gauss View Post
hopefully not OT, but how do you reset everything back to default settings? i accidentally changed a parameter in the adjuster for the worse and have no idea what it should be as a default.
Delete your reaper-themeconfig.ini, or open it and delete the bits related to this theme if you've been experimenting with any modded versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBK View Post
What would be nice (imo) is to be able to use the color palette thing to generate up some new SWS Auto color options and have those stick.
SWS Auto color is a far more sophisticated bit of software than this script, but both fundamentally do the same thing in the end : change the colours of the things that are saved in your project. Its not surprising that they argue with each other! Any form of interoperability would absolutely have to come from the SWS side; trust me when I say that neither you, me or them would want me poking around in their code!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrabney View Post
going back to 5 default and then back to 6 default fixed this issue.
i had made a custom version of the 6 theme to experimentally tweak some "selected" colors and was using that -- it seems that doing so broke my ability to use the theme script
So weird.

Please keep reporting in folks. I'm getting pretty confident this is a Reaper thing, not a my script thing, but all data will help in finding the solution whatever it may finally be.

Thanks!