View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 08:10 PM   #40
tdc
Human being with feelings

Default Inconsistence Data

Hi Folks, new CSI user who is looking to move from the Avid walled garden to Reaper. Key to my workflow a function control surface, and so I am of course drawn to Geoff's CSI. At present I have an Avid S3 and Transport, and am trying to build a Reaper based solution. I suspect that the S3 will be sold and replaced by a 16-24 fader bank as it is not well supported via HUI / MCU. (the top 16 encoders are not addressable it seems)

I have created some surfaces using Lemur and its worked as expected, apart from data being dropped somewhere in Reaper/CSI. I have created a simple Patch that has a Fader and a button, and is successfully switching focus on selecting a new track. My Test Reaper session has only three tracks and one audio file so CPU is 1-2%. When I am recording automation I was noticing that the response was a little laggy at times and seemed to drop data.

To rule out Lemur and Wifi, I built a MaxMSP Patch that generates a sinusoidal ramp and spits this out at 14bit. CSI is happily receiving this via internal MIDI routing (so no Wifi) but the results are the same as the Lemur-Wifi input. Inconsistent data being received and recorded as you can see in the screenshot. I tried changing the 15hz rate up and down and this didnt remedy the inconsistency.

Any thoughts? Is this a byproduct of the various scripts that CSI needs or something else do you think? I should note that this machine is my performance machine and is usually running Ableton and MaxMSP with oodles of internal MIDI, and until Reaper/CSI, I have not seen this dropping data issue before.

Thanks for your thoughts, tdc.

MacOS 10.14.3 / MBP / Reaper 5.983 / CSI latest.
tdc is offline   Reply With Quote