View Single Post
Old 06-21-2022, 08:58 AM   #24
Klangfarben
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
I suppose... what we could do is deprecate both the 3.x mode and the "linear scale above -3dB" checkbox, and instead have an equal power vs equal gain control.
I think this is an excellent idea and greatly simplifies everything.

It's basically the same options, but allows users to better select the available choices without any confusion. And for new users who are confused and asking on the forum, someone can just tell them, select equal gain instead of equal power (not that these threads aren't informative )

Also, for clarity's sake, you might want to consider removing the -6.02 option. Yes, that is exact value of the combined gain of the channels, but it exists only on paper. It doesn't exist in the real world which is why everyone just uses -6dB instead. Having BOTH -6dB AND -6.02dB is confusing and a bit unnecessary. IMHO it would be better just to have the list like this:

There's no confusion there and simplifies things for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Equal gain at other than +0 or -6 dB is not currently available in REAPER.
As far as equal gain for the other values, again captain's prerogative. But I would say this. It would make it so much easier for new users migrating to Reaper which is what we want, right? Also, since you've made the correction and the math is already done, I'm guessing it would not be difficult to implement?

**and thank you for the clarification on the deprecated option. I completely forgot about that from the other thread.
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote