View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 04:23 PM   #3867
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
Clear, would take all params off the template but leave any user defined Alias,
While keeping the rawFx data. Like a do-over. Working on the premises that you would change Alias at the end, once you're happy with the layout.
Done Actually, being able to keep the alias setup and reset everything else is the biggie. Think about it, you have a favourite way to set up the controls for an EQ,say. Regardless of manufacturer, those controls are going to be in the same place on the surface. So you keep that setup and assign parameters from each EQ to that.

Quote:
Reset, would take all params off, clear all user Alias, and clear RawFx data.
Ready for the next rawFx to be loaded.
Done

Quote:
IT''S A FEATURE, LOL, YOU GET USED TO IT plus you only need it IF you use subfolders
Unfortunately, it's a 'feature' that breaks the portability of the files.

Quote:
My thought procession for keeping the same file structure is.
If someone is inclined to want and therefore add sub folders the the rawFX folder, then they are equally inclined to want the same folders for the same reasons in the FxZone folder.
In a word Oganisation.
I'm seeing the raw FX files as disposable as soon as they've been loaded into the Configurator and the ZoneFXFiles folder probably won't be the final resting place for FX.zon files, a folder inside the Zones/C4 folder will be. I'm all for organisation, but I do most of it with the Finder/Explorer.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote