View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 03:54 PM   #3864
Freex
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyp24 View Post
This is one of those paradoxical threads that the more I read of it, the less I understand.

About 50 pages ago, I had (or thought I did) a fair idea of what CSI would do, and hoped to be able to get my hands on it soon.

Now it seems further away than before (Geoff has advised that my initial control surface, the X32, will be better suited to OSC than MIDI) - there is still no sign of OSC support as far as I can see, whilst the apparent scope of the project grows ever more complex.

I appreciate the enormity of the task, and the huge efforts some of you are putting into testing the regular updates, but is it possible yet to give us some kind of road-map to this becoming a released product which can be grasped by users who don't have time in (thankfully) busy work schedules to spend dozens of hours with trial-and-error to get a system that can be used "for real".

I genuinely don't mean to sound negative - Geoff, your coding skills and inventiveness amaze me. But I guess at this stage, I keep returning to catch up with this thread and getting no further forward. What I need perhaps is to be told "come back in 3 months, when I add OSC" or "come back in 2 years when it's release-ready"....

Is that possible? Even approximately?

Andy

I feel like that too A LOT, with this thread, but I feel that's just because things have moved (IMHO) miles in the past few weeks, really a lot of cool features have been added, and I think Geoff is happy that the architecture of the code is now robust enough to take forward.
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote