View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 11:40 AM   #3391
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
All seems to be solid here. Moving, deleting and adding are all picked up quickly with no crashes.

One thing that's got messed up is the scrolling of the mixer window to reflect the surface and vice-versa. If I select a track on the screen, the surface will bank, but where the selected track ends up is anybody's guess

If I select a channel on the surface that's outside what can be seen in the on-screen mixer, the on-screen mixer doesn't scroll anymore.

I have some ideas about scrolling, probably for another time.
Hmmm... I think that time is now

Seriously, the Track/Folder architecture is solid, we can now start adding features "for real".

Any thoughts from you and anyone else more than welcomed.

We now have the opportunity to make this the best Track/Folder navigation possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
MapSelectedTrackFXToWidgets is working nicely now (but values display messed up, like OnFocus)

Could you implement that FX menu we discussed? (show FX1-8 names across C4 top row or MCU display, and when selection is made, splay that FX's parameters across surface)

I think if you did this you could forget about OnFocusFX. Plus it would be much more in keeping with the rest of CSI as it targets the selected track (and you don't have to have the FX window open if you don't want it to ) AND there would only be one type of entry in the FX .zon file (SelectedTrackNavigator) instead of two.

I would definitely dump OnFocusFX in favour of this.
Good plan.

However it wlll only work well for the C4 style units.

The Console 1 has no display, and many of the C4-like units lack displays as well.

Still a great idea for C4 users, so yup, will do that one !
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote