View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 05:21 AM   #307
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
Why making all this differentiation between the different brands and devices? Does it really matter? Should it not work with any device and any combination of devices. Not only single devices. Let us assume in the world exist only devices A,B,C,D...Z. Some user has A, another C, another G, another has A+D+L. Now should it not work with any combination? How to use those combinations, in complementary, orthogonal, or overlapping (non-orthogonal) way, meaning duplicating certain functionality in multiple surfaces? How does your solution address such scenarios?
Well, it matters in a practical sense, in terms of work prioritization.

If you read carefully you'll see I used the word "initially", so I'm not saying these things won't be done, just not in the first version.

As far as orthogonality, I agree 100%, that's exactly why the design is the way it is, orthogonality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
How does the solution use snapshots? Snapshots for sounds, patterns, mutes, tempo, to name a few? Saving snapshots, recalling snapshots? Or is this totally out of the story, does nobody need this?
First time I've heard snapshots mentioned, have you read the previous discussion in this thread about the ability to switch logical surface maps at the touch of a button ?

Is this what you mean by snapshots ?
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote