View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 01:59 PM   #37
JamesPeters
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennbo View Post
One fun thing me and another friend who also had an Amiga did was to re-write all the most common Amiga error messages with our own text so instead of it saying something like "Read Error On Disk" on a bad floppy it would instead say something like "Disk Fucked Try Again".
The ability to do that would've convinced me Amiga was the best computer and I'd have bought one of those instead of my first PC. Although I held out for a while before getting a PC. As soon as I realized PCs could do things that I valued as much as, or more than standalone hardware, I was in; that was around 1996. Recording audio and MIDI data was a big factor. Also I stubbornly decided to buy components and build my first PC, install the OS, make my own dial-up connections, etc. since I figured if I were going to be maintaining the PC (and others in the future), I might as well have some idea what the things are and how they need to work. I don't regret that decision.

My performance gain from Windows to Linux may have been limited to that one computer for a reason of which I'm unaware. Still it's nice to know I'm not sacrificing performance or stability by using Linux.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote