View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 10:14 AM   #6139
WaveTrans
Human being with feelings

There is no difference between codes with or without modifier; but CSI seems to know the difference.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
What does the MIDI data for those modifiers look like coming off the surface? If you press and hold the Shift button, what does that message (or messages) look like? What does the message look like when you release the Shift button?

Does the MIDI data transmitted by other buttons change when it's in shift mode? What surface is this?

I think the way most Shift buttons work is there's a press action and a release action in terms of the data. So you press and hold Shift, while you press and release play, and that combination creates Shift+Play. So any button with press and release messages could be setup to act as a Shift button in CSI.

What it sounds to me like your'e describing is that your surface goes into a kind of "Shift Mode" that it will remain in, and maybe buttons have different MIDI messages in that mode. That seems odd to me because that would mean the surface was designed where shift kind of sets the surface up in a second bank of buttons with different MIDI addresses.

I may just be confused by what you're describing, but I'd be curious to see the MIDI messages being sent by various buttons in shift mode to see if there's something we could do to improve it's behavior on your surface.
WaveTrans is offline   Reply With Quote