View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 11:54 AM   #5
Nonlinear
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 392
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric Vega View Post
I am going to try with the most minimal plugin, to make sure I am not getting it wrong somewhere and see if I can ultimately make it work.
Yes, that is how I went about it as well.

I believe iPlug requires I/O stereo pairs even if only processing mono. Again, I am not using iPlug2 but just as an I/O test you might try something like this:

Code:
  STEREOOUT = IsOutChannelConnected(1);
  in2ic = IsInChannelConnected(1);
 
  in1 = inputs[0];//--------------Mono in/out
  in2 = inputs[0];
  
  out1 = outputs[0];
  out2 = outputs[0];
  
  if(!in2ic && STEREOOUT)//-------Mono in/ stereo out
  {
    in1 = inputs[0];
    in2 = inputs[0];

    out1 = outputs[0];
    out2 = outputs[1];
  }
  
  if(in2ic && STEREOOUT)//--------Stereo in/out
  {
    in1 = inputs[0];
    in2 = inputs[1];
    
    out1 = outputs[0];
    out2 = outputs[1];
  }
  
 	for (int s = 0; s < nFrames; ++s, ++in1, ++in2, ++out1, ++out2)
	{
		leftin = *in1;
		rightin = *in2;

		*out1 = leftin;
		*out2 = rightin;
        }
ALSO - VERY IMPORTANT - make sure you reboot your Mac between build tests. Just refreshing the plugin manager in Logic doesn't always seem to pick up changes. Delete your AudioUnits cache folder before rebooting to make sure Logic loads your newest build and not some previous one!

I have found that getting plugins to work in Logic can be quite a PITA. A plugin can pass validation and still refuse to load. IMO, that is a major flaw in Logic's validation process. If it says it's good it should work!

Last edited by Nonlinear; 11-02-2020 at 12:05 PM.
Nonlinear is offline   Reply With Quote