View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 03:47 PM   #32
sinkmusic
Human being with feelings

Location: decepticon mothership in a hidden place inside a mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgoboss View Post
@gwok
I chose stowing away the non-playing clips to the beginning of the track so they are in one place and not distributed all over the timeline. That way, users can still access them and modify them without having to open Playtime.

I chose moving for triggering the clips because it can be done in realtime (didn't want to mess with the track state chunks, I think that might take too long).

Setting the non-playing clips offline vs. muting them might be an option I didn't look into it yet. Any idea how to achieve that using the API?

@sinkmusic
Not sure I understand what you mean by "Or to create a copy of the original project as a new tab". Can you elaborate? Maybe I'm missing some context information here
I was just thinking out loud, without tring Playtime yet
I meant : If Playtime moves the items to the beginning of the project, in order not to screw my project, it might be a solution to silently create an archive otthe project in the existing state, in a new project tab.

For instance, i have made a song, and i am pretty much happy with it as it is. The structure is done, and it can be considered as "finished"
But, after a while, i can suddenly want to jam with it, or create an alternate/extended version on the fly : so, Playtime gets into action, but, i wouldn't want (after a great playtime which i will ant to keep also as a new version of my "song") to lose my song in the state it was before being "playtimed"... So, having a "ghost" version autmatically created in a new Project tab when i start messing aroud with Playtime would avoid losing a song. Does it make sense ?
(sorry if i missed something obvious, again, i'm just thinking out loud)

Again, i am still mesmerized by the existence of Playtime, and i wish it could be natively integrated thightly into Reaper
sinkmusic is online now   Reply With Quote