View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 10:25 AM   #186
foxAsteria
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekat View Post
I probably should start deleting at this point, but hey those sounded kinda promising in 2007.
Well what I did and am trying to maintain is I spent a couple weeks just going through every project, fixing any missing file issues and then making mp3 mixdowns of everything in it's current state. It's convenient with Reaper since you can batch render later when you're away from the computer or whatever.

I ended up with over 1000 mixdowns but it's a lot more manageable to go through them that way. I can rate and organize them and it shows me exactly what's worth finishing or not (even though I can almost never actually delete them). I can even compare versions.

Hell, sometimes I'll just cherry pick sounds and phrases from old projects that aren't really worth working on and just use them in a new project or rebuilding it around the best part.

It's like sampling from my younger self, which is a mixed bag because my younger self was really really bad at recording and mixing. I was all about making stuff sound weird as possible back then.