View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 09:05 PM   #97
cincikat69
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by headcase915 View Post
they are the Behringer Truth B3030A they dont have that "acoustics adjustment" they have a low freq, a room compensation, and a high freq and a trim all set to 0db

Thought so... and that's what I meant, but put them in quotes like that because that's what they are meant to be.

I have a lot of experience with those monitors, and there is nothing "truth" about them. The closest you can get is to turn off ie. flatten all of those controls (which you have). Then spend about a day making sure they are properly placed in the space. That's as close as you can get with them, but they "lie" to your ears by design.

Now, you said a bit ago that you "dumped" some of the "mastering chain" stuff. You need to get rid of all of that, send your tracks to the master bus, and spend time with each track one by one and get them right. If a track doesn't sound good flat, then the recording is bad...redo it. Then start putting those together into a clean mix. When you have that right, give it to someone else with more experience to master it...that's my "nutshell" version.