View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 03:30 AM   #286
fundorin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Right, thought as much.

You are interested in auto mapping, this project is the polar opposite of that.
Not quite true. Automap generated the default map, similar to how plugin parameters are displayed in Lemur, for example:
(if it's ok, I'll post future images as link, so they won't ruin the forum layout)
http://www.delchambre.be/images/Lemu...Studio-One.png

After having the initial map, one can always remap parameters to his liking, adjust them or completely delete unneded ones, though it's better to move them to the last pages of the map, actually.

Quote:
This project is all about custom mapping, not auto mapping.
Yep. Im fully aware of it, but having the surface display names/value of the parameters even without manual work is always good thing, even if they'll be mapped not as you'd like. I think that it's easier to edit something that is already working, instead of writing it from the scratch.
For general users, at least.

Quote:
It is much more manual by nature, that's the whole idea.
Depends of what do you mean by "manual". I see it as a set of "widgets" that can be mapped to physical controls, at one side and plugin parameters/actions in Reaper from the other side.
Like Pot1<>CC8<>Widget1<>PlugCutoff, where user can change the pool Widget1-8 mapping from Pot1-8 to Encoder1-8 or Button 9-16 in the main script.
He can also change mappings for widgets in plugin maps to get Parameters in the desired order and change range/curve/toggle properties of the widgets.

Quote:
Please see the post just before your last post and notice that any arbitrary widget can be connected with any arbitrary Reaper Action (not just actions from the Action List, it is much broader than that).
I think that I understand your concept. If not, correct me, please.

Quote:
So to use a ridiculously extravagant example on s huge scale, think Skywalker Sound.

Ok, they're going to set up for a mix.

Now, if this is a subcontract, the client will bring in reems of configuration stuff, including tech setup and customization of control surfaces.

Now, pare this down to a more modest setup, and you will see that this config will not change very often.
I didn't get that reference, at first, but, googled Skywalker Sound.
But I don't get your example, tbt.

Last edited by fundorin; 12-05-2017 at 03:50 AM.
fundorin is offline   Reply With Quote