View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 01:14 PM   #32
Jeff Learman
Human being with feelings

Has this been fixed? I'm using 5.99 and it works this way. I recorded several takes of piano and now want to comp. Sadly, any note playing during a split has a new attack at the split point!

This is a dealbreaker for me. It's the worst possible way for MIDI splits to work when comping, at least, for piano parts. If it's fixed in the latest version, I would upgrade. If it's not, then it's time to find a new DAW, sadly. A shame because I just learned how to do comping in Reaper (thanks to a Gioia video) and it's fantastic.

mccrabney's drawing captures exactly what I need, though (as always with these things) it's not that simple, because there may be events for that same note in the next item. I would add that a note-off in the next item should be honored, and a note-on should cause the old note to turned off immediately before the new note on.

BTW I also need the ability to move the split point without it erasing MIDI events (which is possible as an option.) It should work as much like audio as possible.

[Edit] Ah I just noticed the last few posts are recent. Sigh. Oh well. Have fun guys. I need to move on because not only is this totally unacceptable, I don't understand how anyone doing piano-like parts could tolerate it. It makes the fantastic comping features completely useless for MIDI instruments with attack/sustain notes. Drum parts? Fine only don't use the cymbals!

Last edited by Jeff Learman; 07-22-2020 at 01:24 PM.
Jeff Learman is offline   Reply With Quote