Thread: Presonus Atom?
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 04:56 PM   #24
kenm
Human being with feelings

EDIT: Removed version 0.1 attachment. See 0.2 below.

A little longer than expected, but here you go...

So far I have Play/Stop/Record and Shift working.

Play, Stop, and Record work as usual and the button LEDs even follow the Reaper Transport actions.

Shift+Play toggles "Repeat" and changes the Play button color from green to blue. The pads all work on a MIDI track, they just don't light up yet. That's my next task.

To install:

CAUTON: If you already have a __startup.lua file, please BACK IT UP and merge it later.

1. Unzip the archive into the $RESOURCES/Scripts. You should end up with an ATOM sub-directory, an ATOM.ReaperKeyMap, and a __startup.lua file.

2. Move the ATOM.ReaperKeyMap file to $RESOURCES/KeyMaps (I'll make this easier in the future)

3. Start Reaper with your ATOM unplugged. You should get a message indicating that "ATOM:nc_mode() Couldn't find an ATOM Controller." That's OK and it means the scripts are working.

4. Open the Actions List and Import the ATOM keymap from the archive.

5. Merge your __startup.lua file with the file from the archive.

6. Shutdown Reaper, plug in your ATOM, and restart Reaper.

If all goes well, you should not see any message windows. At the bottom of the Actions Menu, you should see a script running called ATOM_polling.lua. Leave this running in the background. It's what syncs the button LEDs with Reaper states. You should also see that the Stop button is Bright Orange.

Load up your favorite project and press Play on the ATOM.

Enjoy. Much more to come. Now that the core Lua module (ATOM.lua) is created, I should be able to pick up the pace.

Ken

Last edited by kenm; 09-18-2019 at 10:31 AM.
kenm is offline   Reply With Quote