View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 09:36 AM   #6
m00dawg
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
There is some odd MIDI in that project. The Note Properties window cannot be displayed for some 'notes' and Reaper does not show those in the Event List. The notes that are shown are all on channel 01.
Hmm, for the test case I just used Reaper's MIDI editor and painted the notes and then went into the IO section for each track and changed the output channel under the MIDI Hardware Output. Seems like that is where things are going south, though. I noticed when re-opening the test case, my channel data was gone, I assume because my MIDI configuration was changing.

I have never been able to find it, but it sounds like I'm not putting in channel data within the MIDI track/data itself and so Reaper is just exporting whatever the default is for that when it comes time to export the MIDI data to a file?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
The JS FX midi_logger or ReaControlMIDI's logger or insertpizhere's MIDI Monitor will all display the MIDI messages.
[/quote]

It took a bit of finagling, but I was able to see what Reaper is doing using the MIDI Patchbay and MIDI Monitor utilities under OS X. The MIDI exported version shows channel 1 is being used for all tracks, which is different from what dr_midi.pl was showing. That would still have produced the same result that I was getting with my MIDIO128 I think.

So I guess, long story short, it sounds like I need to somehow embed channel data into the MIDI for the tracks I'm trying to export to a MIDI file for things to work?
m00dawg is offline   Reply With Quote