View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 10:55 AM   #100
jerome_oneil
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobM View Post
Cor.. Patronising or what!?
No kidding.

I have spent the last 20 years of my life working with every high end advanced server platform you can name. I have more technical expertise than most people can stand to be around. I have worked on systems where failure meant someone could die, and where success meant a lot of people would die. I am a classic technology geek that goes way beyond the "I was an administrator at my college's computer lab."

I use Macs. Want to know why?

Because Core Audio means I never have to install drivers or wonder if driver X is compatible with system update Y. Because it is based on BSD, so when I do need to do something bizzare, I can drop to a real shell and access bash, Perl, awk, sed, and all my other favorite tools without having to deal with cygwin or dual boot or some other bolt on hack that simulates the same thing. It means that most installs are simply dragging a statically linked binary into an apps folder and being done with it. It means I get a highly polished, professional interface all the time.

I want tools to do the things I want to do, and Macs provide that better than any other platform out there. I use Macs because they *just work.*

Ego? Baloney. They're objectively superior.
jerome_oneil is offline   Reply With Quote