Thread: New DDP Export
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 02:45 PM   #416
anrug
Human being with feelings

Disclaimer: I'm not a Reaper user. But as far as I can see, the questions are not Reapre-related anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urednik View Post
1. what except for reaper and ddp do I need to do to burn a playable cd that will have a visible cd text?
I'm not entirely sure what you men by "ddp" in this context. But burning an audio CD from a cue/wave image (.cue + .wav [+.cdt]) I usually do with ImgBurn. It supports CD text and all other professional features like UPC and ISRC.

Now for CD-Text, that is sometimes hard to check. I recommend putting it in a car stereo and see if you get the track title displayed - this also educates you to choose short titles and stay away from certain special characters. Most software CD players don't read CD text, but rather display meta-data from online databases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urednik View Post
2. is a master CD playable or only for reproduction purposes?
3. is a master CD also ddp stuff burnt onto a cd?
There is no such thing as a "master CD". Maybe one could argue that when you have your plant replicate from a self-burned audio CD, that original disc can be considered a "master CD", but I think that's not what you mean.

A "DDP image" is a collection of files used to describe exactly how an audio CD should look like, besides that audio this includes meta-data like track positions, ISRC, UPC, and optionally CD-Text. DDP is used in many plants as internal format for their archival and driving the laser beam recorder.

The DDP image can be used to produce an audio CD, but none of the files actually end up on the CD, after all we're talking about audio CDs which can't store computer files anyway.

Did that help you?
anrug is offline   Reply With Quote