View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 04:35 AM   #414
Coachz
Human being with feelings

[QUOTE=Xaos;2123914]Thank the interface gods! I have Opera blocking so much stuff for privacy/security, which is great most of the time. Dunno why it would block those, though. Went back and had a look in Safari, and, with the exception of the Stockholm theme, got my Imperial lust fix! I don't get the whole Stockholm Syndrome that's going around. Any kid with crayons could make that style of interface. A lid for every pot, I suppose. That's what makes REAPER so great. Everyone's version is unique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri1 View Post
+maybe v. 5.999999 for WT Imperial v5!

Jon (REAPER Blog) specifically said v6 in that video (above). Think WT will drop the v# or call it 6 to avoid confusion? I sure hope we get what we've been ogling for the last 3 years!

I find it interesting that audio software users are so into the visuals. I worked in graphic design for 16 years, and the interfaces were so dull. I remember when I saw the first rev of Cubase. Out of all the DAWs available at the time, it was the one that was easiest for me to use because it looked and functioned the most like real hardware. After struggling with PT, Cakewalk, and Logic for the audio editing side of my video production company, Cubase made me feel instantly at home. I could never understand why they called Logic Logic. It was the most unintuitive and illogical DAW of them all. It sure did sound magical, though.

That was almost 20 years ago, and when the first 1GB hard drive hit the market, it changed our whole workflow. Just imagine what we'll be lusting over 20 years from now!
Since you use your eyes to operate the software it's not surprising to me at all that the visuals are important

Coachz Repo
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote