View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 12:13 PM   #2
JGrabowMST
Human being with feelings

Doubling your RAM could certainly help, but I'm not sure if it's going to be able to fully make up for the latency you're experiencing. If you were to either upgrade your OS drive to SSD, or even just install a brand new OS drive, you may see better speeds/latency right away.

Under $100, I'm not sure, most interfaces are just over that threshold a little bit. I would honestly look at nearly anything....

Which 2009 Macbook do you have? Just a dual core? On the bottom, there's an "Axxxx" number, can you post that? I can look up the general details of your machine with that number.

Ultimately, what it comes down to is how resource heaving the plugins are. Most machines can handle a two channels with processing, but the closer you want to get to realtime, the faster the machine has to be. I'd be hard pressed to say a dual core machine with 4gb could do this without an SSD, and even then, it's a tall order.

Which interface you use specifically is almost irrelevant for what you're looking to do, it's really looking to me like the computer is your bottleneck.
JGrabowMST is offline   Reply With Quote