View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 01:54 AM   #1
hajomagre
Human being with feelings

Default Behringer X-Touch One scrub/jog in "looped segment mode"?

Hi there,

I certainly hope that I am overlooking something. But I can't seem to figure out how to do the following below. Have used search (in forum and outside forum/Google) and watched a lot of YouTubes, searched in the manual, but no luck so far. I think I am approaching this the wrong way but I am stuck.

Here's what I am trying to achieve:

I have a Behringer X-Touch One setup en working with Reaper on OSX. However, I would just like to change the behaviour of the jog wheel to always do 'looped segment mode'. Currently it can only jog or scrub the 'normal' way, i.e. not repeating a segment.

Looped segment mode while jogging or scrubbing works fine while using the mouse and dragging the little red triangle. I have even set it do be the default behavior in the mouse modifier settings.

I also checked the settings under preferences > playback, but that does not allow me to make the changes I hope for.

I also tried to add this behavior as shortcut in the action list, but jog/scrub in looped segment mode is no action one can assign a shortcut or button to (or if it IS an action, I can't find it).

In another way of approaching this, I also thought of using one of the midi-keys as a modifier for the jog wheel, but there seems to be no way to implement this.

I also checked if my regular keyboard modifiers work in correlation with the X-Touch, but no luck. When I press a modifier on the keyboard, this does effect the behaviour when touch the red triangle with the mouse, but the jog wheel on the X-touch still does normal scrub only.

I also tried to look for a way to override the midi-mapping between the x-touch and reaper but (google)searches around this topic divert me back to editing the action list, which seems to be a dead end (see above).

After all that I must conclude that a) this is not possible with the X-touch or b) I am drastically overlooking something.

Any light on this matter is more than appreciated. Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond.
hajomagre is offline   Reply With Quote