View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 07:09 PM   #16
Slowfox
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
I don't believe that's possible. MIDI is a one way street, or we wouldn't need two cables to send it back and forth. I don't want to insult your intelligence, but did you hook it up correctly? Cables should go from Outputs to Inputs.
Yes itīs a one way street. Thats the reason why there is a "Fractal Audio Systems - AXE-FX II - MIDI In“ and a "Fractal Audio Systems - AXE-FX II - MIDI Out“ shown in REAPER. The midi-in can be found, where you can a-sign devices as controllers but the AxeFx is, according to my midi-monitor software, sending the signals from "AxeFx II - MIDI Out“. That is why I think that in- and out-ports might be mixed up in REAPER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
And what's this "audio workstation with motor faders and everything?" Maybe it's supported by Reaper directly if you can find it in prefs/Control/osc/web. It might be the case that control surfaces use SysEx, I'm not sure. But then it needs to be set up there as a Control Surface and not a MIDI device.
The Workstation is old and has no USB-port. Itīs an AW 4416. But I am able to controll the AxeFx with itīs SYSEX messages, why shouldīnt it be possible to control a DAW that way.
And itīs also sending start and stop messages wich also do not show up in REAPER. And they are common MISC transport messages.
Slowfox is offline   Reply With Quote