Thread: RE[a]DD...
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 10:40 AM   #56
cubic13
Human being with feelings

Thanks to you all !

@cprompt
Interesting to see the two confronted. It gives me one or two ideas for further improvements, by the way...

@hopi
I have often wondered if, indeed, centering this text wouldn't be better. The problem is this one : as long as the whole text is short enough, yes, it would be better to center it. The issue arises when your MIDI interface, as mine, is displayed as a rather long chain such as this one : E-DSP MIDI Port 2 [EC00]. Is it better to center it in this case ? Walter neither allows a test on a chain length, nor gives us the ability to truncate a chain.

Added to this, there is a theming issue. Theoretically (according to the available documentation), you can left align, center or right align this parameter value display with the matching Walter statement (the fifth parameter is the one involved here : 0 for let alignment, 0.5 for center, 1 for right alignment).

Left aligned, using set tcp.recinput.margin [4 5 4 3 0], I get this :
MIDI:E-DSP MIDI Port 2 [E

Centered, using set tcp.recinput.margin [4 5 4 3 0.5], I get this :
MIDI:E-DSP MIDI Port 2 [E

An finally, right aligned, using set tcp.recinput.margin [4 5 4 3 1], I get this :
rt 2 [EC00]: All channels

In other words, the 0.5 value, as fifth parameter for horizontal centering doesn't work. This is a Walter bug, supposed to be solved by the bakers, and it's not the only one. So, I'm afraid that we'll have to do with the present situation...
cubic13 is offline   Reply With Quote