View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 08:22 AM   #19
hopi
Human being with feelings

yes thanks again... the changes you made let it be resized when used as a track inspector...

using it that way is very 'cubase-ish' btw... %^)

IMO your theme is now the most Cubase like theme out there...

I think I already said that looking like Cubase was a concern of mine way back when... that got left behind as I got into reaper more and more...
...gradually my CIRCUS theme kept changing from a Cubase look to my own way of wanting to see things...

To the point that eventually I made my own huge set of toolbar icons [lotta damn photoshop work]...
Now I have all that done and they fill all 8 floating toolbars and the midi ed. toolbars as well...
They make more visual sense to me, but that is cuz I made them... LoL

I might offer a thought or two for your own future considerations:

One of the major diff's between Cubase and Reaper is that in reaper we don't need to think the same way about 'instrument' tracks and 'audio' tracks... like we say in reaper, "a track is a track"...
So this way of working changes what info you want to see in the 'track inspector'... which can be adapted to taste via various layouts.
For a simple example... your current mcp layout is fine and works fine..
at the same time, since we are no longer constrained by the 'virtual instrument' or 'audio' track concept that cubase uses, we can have better looking MCP layouts... with larger meters, etc. You can see how this is done in a few other themes to get the idea...
You might like to eventually consider adding some layouts like that to your theme... and also some of the layouts that are diff sizes of blank or empty which can get used as separators...
Reaper does not have the multiple Mixer views that Cubase has...
...but the way we can have something similar is via Screen sets.
Now separators can be very nice to organize various tracks in the MCP and TCP...
Well... like I said, just thoughts for the future IF you get the themer's itch.
overall... very nice work!!!