View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 05:47 PM   #69
d.bop
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
hi d.bop... wow so you will go for the bridge? wonderful!

Am I correct in that the arc for the needle in this one is really a section of a true circle? I ask cuz in others it seems to be a section of an oval... and I assume programming the needle rotation on a true circle is an easier way to go???

Now personally I'd think it is too large... when I consider having many instances on screen at once... but just my opinion.

Also ...do I assume the graphic is a png file and only the needle is programmed to rotate? Or are there a series of needle png's?

I am asking this with the thought of possibly sending you the meter face graphic to get it to be more 'vintage' looking...

Basically however it does look like it's the right direction!
Yep this one is circular. babiuk wanted something based on the REDD.51 so I'm going off of the picture he posted. I can definitely make it smaller. This is a quick rough draft

There will be 4 images/layers overall. The background layer containing the main background and VU background combined, the needle, the VU cover, and the clip led. The needle will rotate based on the filtered audio level and the clip light will turn bright red when the peak level passes 0dBFS.

And yes, email me your graphic.