View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 07:45 AM   #45
babiuk
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
"
1- I'd like to see the look of his vintage meter. [as you can tell I have taken that an worked with it OK and would be more than happy to lend a hand to any vst developer in the graphics area]

2- what we see on screen should be ONLY the meter [s]... all the controls and settings should be on a separate page!

3-back to the 'look' for second: In what I've done, there is a nice shadow on the needle. It is more visible in the larger version but it IS there in the smaller as well. IMO this really adds to the 'vintage' look and 'realism'...

4- what would really be slick would be to have not only a single vst meter, but also a meter bridge view showing say 8 or 10 or so meters, and being able to send to each one using reaper's sends and pins. Now I don't even know if that is possible but it would be way kewl, eh?

Now to the OP, I might suggest contacting Sleep Time guys as well as Maestro Klanghelm."
I agree 100% this. Itīs so important the feture of being able to show a number of meters because it would became a real bridge meter (I see this would be sooo useful for a lot of us not just me, like the meters on tape machines).

I agree too that it would be ok if we could do a "Frankenstein" from Klanghelm behaviour(the best for me) and the hopi work based in original GUI I gave (Well, the Sleepy minimal graphics is a must too, not having anything but the maters graphics and letting the settings for a second panel).

But I would add a third idea to be in mind which is the ReapVU meter plugin by NAS. It is exactly what we are talking about, itīs a plugin so minimal with a lot of meters. It would be perfect if we could contact NAS in order to asking him for adding our "goal" graphics and letting free(to the user's choice) the number of shown meters, because it shows 24 meters always.
I tried to contact him but no reply, it seems he is out of reaper town...

Do you keep contact with him?
babiuk is offline   Reply With Quote