View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 08:19 AM   #10
Ben Freeman
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub3000 View Post
if it's anything like the m-audio transit, the sample rate has to be selected from the m-audio control panel before anything starts trying to send audio to it.

if it's breaking up at 88khz, either your computer or USB setup can't keep up with it. i think it's only USB1, actually.

i'd recommend running at 44kHz unless you have a decent firewire device.

What do you mean by "it's only USB 1"? I'm 99% positive I have USB 2.0 on my computer, and the sound card comes with USB 2.0. It's a relaitvely new 2.4 duel core laptop, it should be able to run at these sample rates with ease shouldn't it? Or is USB 2.0 not quick enough? Does anyone run at 88200 or even 96 kHz? I know I COULD run at 44100 and I'll have to check when I get home, but I'm not even sure it will let me do 24bits. And yes, I have been trying to select different sample rates in the M-audio control panel as previously mentioned but it will not change anything.

I quoted this from musicians friend, about my card:

"High-speed USB 2.0 Technology The Fast Track Ultra 8R utilizes high-speed USB 2.0 technology to deliver the bandwidth for 24-bit/96kHz audio resolution throughout the recording and monitoring process. With a maximum data transfer speed of 480Mbps, this jump in performance allows you to enjoy outstanding sound quality on all inputs and outputs simultaneously."

So what the hell, this isn't doing what it says it can do.

Might I ask, wouldn't working in 44100 reduce the quality of how my work sounds? I am going to be mostly working with synths and samples with occasional mic work.
Ben Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote