View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 11:53 AM   #297
brainwreck
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by adXok View Post
Ah, but it is still ambiguous - you have to know that is this way, otherwise I would play them as a second anyway. Again, additional requirement as unnecessary "knowledge" (clumsy nomenclature)
No, I want 11th! It is in Xmaj7 inversions; I want to see it from any root note on the staff!

I work on video demos for the Pashkuli keyboard. Will update the notation on that same page you quoted above www.musicnotation.org
If you do not mind, can I include your request from this post as an example in the Plain Notation (Pashkuli)?
I don't disagree about 2nd and 11th.

Absolutely. I don't mind.

By the way, I'm still coming to terms with thinking about notation in 12 tones, so I do think Pashkuli is interesting. Any criticisms I have are part of trying to come to terms with what it's strengths and weaknesses are. And I really do like the single line notation, octave rows, and chord spelling. One thing that I haven't resolved with myself is how important are visual interval spacings of dots in standard notation. I mean for example, if you know the key spellings of standard notation, the letters C E G carries the same instantaneous meaning as dots spaced in thirds, and unique symbols could do the same.

In my opinion, some helpful things for your page on Pashkuli notation would be a complete notation legend; logical reasons for the various aspects of the notation design such as why single line, why these symbols, etc.; what you think are the strengths and weaknesses of the notation.

Last edited by brainwreck; 08-19-2019 at 12:08 PM.
brainwreck is offline   Reply With Quote